Change your habits if they are causing you problems or not healthy.
Change the way you talk about your baby's birth. Stop using words like "delivery" and remember that your birth happened several years ago.
Change the way you think about your plans. Don't feel obligated to say you want something "just in case." It should be obvious that interventions are available if you need them.
Change your schedule to allow more time to relax.
Change caregivers if you think the one you have hired isn't willing to give you the services you thought you were purchasing.
Encouraging words for you
"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living." -Gail Sheehy
Questions to Work Through
- What things do you need to change with this pregnancy?
- In what ways has this pregnancy already changed you?
- What changes are you looking forward to?
- What changes are you anxious about?
- What things would you like to change about yourself?